UFC Pool
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predict Fights for Points

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Strikeforce?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnny
Admin

Strikeforce? Empty
PostSubject: Strikeforce?   Strikeforce? EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Anyone watch the strikeforce fight last night? I only saw the first two fights since my tivo got cut off when the fight went longer than expected. First two fights were pretty boring. Can't believe you can call a guy like King Mo a champ when I felt like I was watching a long ultimate fighter fight. Haha. Melendez in lightweight seemed pretty good going against Shinya. Surprised that Shields won. I caught the brawl on youtube and that looked freaking awesome. I always wondered what a all out brawl with mma fighters would look like. I wonder what Dana White feels about it, I can imagine he'd be either really pissed for guys like that ruining the image of the sport or happy as hell since it's pretty embarrassing for something like that to happen on network television for his main competitor.
Back to top Go down
https://ufcpool.forumotion.com
Randy

Strikeforce? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce?   Strikeforce? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:48 am

Shields got lucky that Hendo ran out of gas. Hendo not only looked old but he looked a lot bigger and perhaps out of shape then he did in the UFC. Vintage Hendo would have finished Shields easily.

I saw the brawl on youtube also...the diaz brothers and melendez are a bunch of idiots, Mayhem was trying to get a rematch and not start a fight. I don't think Melendez would do much in the UFC...it's a really favoritable match against Akoi because he can't strike and doesn't have wrestling, so he has to pull guard or hope Melendez gets sloppy. I think guys like BJ, Florian, Edgar, Maynard, and even Roger Huerta would beat Melendez w/out any problems.

I don't know what Dana thinks about the brawl, but its going to be hard for strikeforce to get back on to CBS. That card was boring and then the brawl.
Back to top Go down
Johnny
Admin

Strikeforce? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce?   Strikeforce? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Stupid tivo cut off the recording of the last fight for me since they went past the supposed time slot for the fight. I was surprised that Hendo lost especially getting outwrestled and I wonder if Shields is gonna jump to UFC. Is it me or melendez sounds dorky when he talks? Haha,. Yeah, I don't think he'll go very far if he ever fights in the UFC. All those guys you mentioned are all on a different level compared to Strikeforce but at least Melendez showed that he has some skill compared to the light heavyweight fight which looked really amateurish, especially their new champ. No way any of those guys could compare to the UFC light heavyweight division. I wonder how this whole thing with the brawl will play out in the end and if they're ever gonna get a show. More curious as to if anything will happen to Diaz even if Dana White said he wouldn't punish him in his interview today about the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
https://ufcpool.forumotion.com
Randy

Strikeforce? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce?   Strikeforce? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:59 am

I think Shields could do well in the UFC at 170 but he looked like a child against Hendo at 185 in the 1st round...if Hendo had more gas, Shields would have been finished in the 1st and probably no later than the 2nd. He was out classed standing and wrestling but Dan looked old after.

King Mo is actually an amazing wrestler...one of the best in MMA...just the rest of his game hasn't caught up yet. He can probably get a decision on a lot of guys by repeatedly getting takedowns. I agree the fight was really hard to watch. Mo has that GSP like double knee tap takedown that's near impossible to stop, but he can't pass the guard the way GSP does.
Back to top Go down
Nicole

Strikeforce? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce?   Strikeforce? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 am

Luckily for us Brian tivo'd the whole thing and I saw the fight. Yikes....stupid Diaz brothers. Jason Miller is kind of a douche but you're right, he wasn't looking to start a fight he just wants the attention. Did you guys ever see Miller's show on MTV? It was terrible.

The whole strikeforce card was BORING. I don't know why CBS keeps indulging them with airtime. The annoying thing was that during the brawl in the middle of the cage the announcer was like "well this kind of thing happens." So now all the people who hate MMA have more reason to do to so.

I did see parts of the Hendo/Shields fight. Shields is a vegetarian or Vegan, I read that in a magazine. That fact was more interesting to read than watching the last 2 rounds of that fight. I agree that vintage Hendo or even Hendo from the Bisping fight would destroy Shields in 1 round.

Are you guys going to watch the WEC fight? They're really pushing Uriah Faber. Uriah seems really nice, Brian and I have seen him in Vegas a few times, he is SMALL! I swear he's about my height, maybe 1-2 inches taller but that's it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strikeforce? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce?   Strikeforce? Empty

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UFC Pool :: UFC Talk :: Others-
Jump to: